CART IS EMPTY
AEA R44CE Classic Ribbon Mic
Includes 1-year Australian warranty.
The delivered price for the AEA R44CE Classic Ribbon Mic is AUD $2,393 which is billed to your credit card or Paypal balance at the time of purchase. All shipping costs , taxes and duties are charged to our freight account. Our warranty for AEA products is limited to manufacturer faults and will not cover damage sustained through misuse of the product.
If you have found a lower advertised price for the AEA R44CE Classic Ribbon Mic in Australia please contact us during store hours.
In the event of any delays we will notify you of the shipping date or offer possible alternatives. All products operate at Australian 240 VOLTS and ship with a one year Australian warranty. If you have found a lower advertised price for any AEA item please email us today for a price quote.
Shipping the AEA R44CE Classic Ribbon Mic to areas outside of Sydney , Melbourne , Brisbane , Perth or Adelaide may require a further 1-2 days for delivery. All deliveries require a signature , if you are unable to sign for your order it will be held at your local depot for re-delivery or pickup.
Visit Our Ebay Store!
..Our Ebay store is updated daily and contains some of our most popular products at reduced prices. If you are unable to find any AEA item listed on our Ebay store please contact us today.
The Classic Sound of the RCA 44B!
The R44CE from AEA is one of those rare mics that has remained relatively unchanged from its inception, and still sounds great some 75 years later. Wes Dooley, a specialist in ribbon mics of all kinds, has now restored the 44 type microphone to its rightful position in the studio. After tracking down the engineers who designed and built the original RCA 44, AEA acquired ribbon material, made the tooling and custom machined all the parts necessary to build the original RCA 44 B/BX design to its original specifications, just as it was in the 1930s. After years of painstaking work, AEA has again begun production of the most important ribbon mic of all time: the AEA R44CE.
RCA 44 ribbon microphones have remained an essential part of studio life well after RCA stopped manufacturing them in 1955. The sound and response of the 44 B/BX were unlike anything else available, and was cherished for its smoothness, forgiving nature and unique tonal balance. As collectors began to buy up the supply of RCA 44's through the 90's, the availability of this wonderful ribbon mic to the studio was greatly endangered.
The 44 was RCA's best microphone from the 1930s into the s. Is AEA's R44CE that good? Both listeners and measurements say that the R44 is better and AEA has been listening to both users and ex-RCA engineers for over 25 years. They start by using only ribbon material originally manufactured for RCA. This is the best way to ensure that AEA's R44CE ribbon mics are as close as humanly possible to vintage RCA 44s. The R44CE sports a black transformer case with white emblem logo and one-piece cushion mount, satin nickel grill, and formed steel yoke with a satin nickel finish. The R44CE comes with a hard-wired three meter starquad XLR output cable and AEA 44VC vertical carrying case for proper shipping and storage.
Next, they use modern magnet technology which is much more robust than period magnets. AEA also combined the original American undamped ribbon design with the British RCA 44 innovations that lower the weight and hum sensitivity. The R44CE design runs contrary to all current ribbon microphone manufacturing. It is large and heavy when other microphones are smaller and lighter. The internal ribbon element is by far the longest and its resonance tuning the lowest of today's ribbon microphones. It is a pure undamped ribbon design, an approach that has been out of production for over 50 years while remaining in continuous studio use. It is different, and its sound is unique. The R44CE sounds good on everything. Leave it out and use it whenever you need to do a quick take.
AEA R44 Classic Ribbon Mic Features at a Glance:
- An accurate reproduction of the original RCA Ribbon Mic
- Uses the same ribbon material as the original
- Built to the highest studio standards possible
- A single diaphragm Figure 8 ribbon microphone
- High null-axis rejection
- Custom AEA Transformer
- High SPL capability, max level of 140dB plus above 200Hz
- Low Self Noise
- Consistent polar response
- Operable in high humidity environments
- Sounds equal to or better than the original RCA 44
- Operating Principle: Velocity microphone
- Frequency Response: Below 30 Hz to above 20 kHz
- Maximum SPL: 140 + dB SPL above 200Hz for 1% third harmonic
- Output Sensitivity: 2.25 mV / Pa into unloaded circuit
- Output Impedance: 270 ohms broadband
- Recommended Load: 1.2 K ohm or greater
- Powering: Not required or recommended
- Polarity: Pin 2 high for positive pressure on the front of the microphone.
- Connector: XLR-3M wired to a 3 meter captive cable
- Polar Pattern: Native bi-directional pattern
- Horizontal: Level changes with angle, frequency response is consistent, -90 dB null at 90 / 270 degrees
- Vertical: Level changes with angle, reduced HF response above and below 0/180 degree axis, null at 90/270 degrees
- Ribbon Thickness: 1.8 microns ( .0000018 meter ) of pure aluminum
- Ribbon Width: 4.7 mm
- Ribbon Length: 59.7 mm
- Accessories Included: Custom storage/shipping case, stand adapter, manual and attached 3-meter microphone cable
Own a piece of microphone history with the AEA R44CE!